Film PEI provides a pool of talent, resources, equipment, and space for productions on Prince Edward Island.
Film PEI is the cornerstone of the independent film and video community on PEI. We support and sustain a variety of initiatives that stimulate artistic expression through the media arts. Whenever we can we provide workshops, production assistance, reduced-rate equipment rentals, dissemination initiatives (festivals, screenings, etc), and community. Our facilities offer equipment for film and video production (cameras, lighting equipment, sound equipment), editing suites for video and film, various other resources, and support staff.
1. To provide a space where artists can hone their skills and exchange ideas.
2. To assist media artists in their independent production efforts.
3. To pursue excellence in film, video and new media projects.
4. To serve as an information centre about festivals, publications, conferences, grants, and all matters concerned with media arts production and distribution.
5. To assist in the dissemination and presentation of works by artist members.
6. To support and encourage artists at all levels by offering workshops, providing mentors, resources, information seminars and outreach programs.
Executive Director – Renee Laprise
I am a practicing artist and filmmaker myself and have been in the film and television industry as creative producer and editor for well over 15 years.
Entering my fifth year as Film PEI’s ED I look forward to implementing the first steps of our five year expansion strategy in 2018. We are excited to take the organization to the next level in order to develop the creative careers of our Island media artists. Great things are happening at Film PEI!
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are involved members of the co-op who are open to hearing ideas and suggestions from the wider membership. Click on the bios and get to know your Board of Directors!
Emma Fugate – President – Bio
Mark Sandiford – Vice-President
Leslie-Anne Ruben – Treasurer
Will Beckett – Secretary – Bio
Craig Harris – Member at Large – Bio
Jessica Doria Brown – Member at Large – Bio
Mark Fraser – Member at Large – Bio