PLEASE GIVE US 48 HOURS NOTICE FOR GEAR RENTAL. We still need to disinfect between uses and that will take time.
Facilities may only be used by General and Producer members when FilmPEI staff are on site. Starting June 8 Producer members may rent the facilities outside of regular hours. Renters must follow strict protocols when using FilmPEI facilities. Rentals must be booked 48 hours before use.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO BOOK EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR APPOINTMENTS. Renee will be in the office usually in the mornings but for everyone’s safety we would like to know who’s coming and when.
COMING INTO THE SPACE:
FilmPEI, like all businesses, must adhere to the PEI Public Health Office’s regulations and have a COVID-19 focused operational plan in place. We have sanitization stations around the space and a sanitization protocol. ANYONE COMING INTO THE SPACE WILL SIGN IN SO AS TO KEEP A RECORD IN THE CASE THAT CONTACT TRACING IS NECESSARY.
DO NOT COME TO FILMPEI IF YOU ARE EXHIBITING ANY SIGNS OF COVID-19 SUCH AS:
• feeling feverish
• new or worsening cough
• and/or difficulty breathing
GUIDELINES FOR FILMING
The guidelines below have been created in conjunction with PEI Public Health. ALL PRODUCTIONS MUST HAVE THEIR OWN OPERATIONAL PLAN OUTLINING POLICIES/PROCEDURES TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 AND BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE PAPERWORK TO OFFICIALS IF THEY ARE ASKED. (operational plan templates can be found on the Provincial website at https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/publication/covid-19-operational-plan-template).
- people must SOCIAL DISTANCE by staying 6 feet apart outside and inside (this means actors, camera operators, assistants, sound recordists)
- maximum 15 crew inside and 20 outside for smaller productions
- Equipment may be shared (i.e lavalier mics) when necessary with precautions (see below)
- DO NOT share drink/food/utensils
- masks, sanitizer and gloves are not alternatives to SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- contact information is required from all participants in case of the need for CONTACT TRACING
Specific Guidelines (these are guidelines each production
- Film crew should only be a maximum fifteen (15) people indoors and twenty (20) people (actors, clients) in total outdoors and they must be able to remain six (6) feet apart. Larger scale productions may have up to 50 crew but this is not advised and an operational plan must be submitted to the province.
- Larger scale productions, i.e. a feature or series, should have a Covid Compliance Officer
- Production crews and clients/actors should fill out and sign a document asking standard Covid-19 questions and provide their phone number in case contact tracing is required. (Template on Request)
- a crew member should be assigned as a Protocol Coordinator to make sure that everyone has signed their documents and are adhering to the production’s Covid-19 protocols. It is suggested that prior to shoot day, the protocols are presented to all participants verbally, either by phone or in a group zoom, and that documents are digitally transmitted back and forth.
- On-set procedure:
- on the day of shooting, the Protocol Coordinator must ensure all documentation is in order and verify that all participants are not exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms. This includes anyone living or working in the location in which filming is taking place.
- Only designated persons should be on the set. (No guests, friends, family members.)
- Limit entry and exit from a location and ensure people can maintain a six (6) foot distance from each other at all times.
- Hand sanitizer must be on set at all times. It is suggested each participant carries their own.
- All should clean their hands with hand sanitizer when they arrive on set.
- Equipment may be handled by more than one person. For example, a lav mic may be handed to a subject to put on themselves. If the sound person must put the lav mic on a subject, both should be wearing masks and keeping their faces away from each other.
- Gear and set should be prepared by the crew while those being filmed wait in another area.
- Once everything has been set up, the subject can take their place.
- Any one coming with in six (6) feet of each other must be wearing a non-medical mask. For more info on non-medical masks in the workplace go to: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/health-and-wellness/masks-workplace-guidance
- If something must be shared, for example, a chair which interviewees will sit on, this should be disinfected with an approved sanitizer between uses. Note: the operational plan should name the type of disinfectant that is used and should always keep the material safety data sheet (MSDS) close by so people know what to do in case emergency first aid is required.
- Crew should travel independently to and from set unless from the same household.
- People should maintain distancing rules during breaks and meals.
- No sharing utensils or food.
- Filming outside is recommended over entering subjects’ houses but should filming need to take place in someone’s house the Protocol Coordinator should ascertain that there are no individuals in the house who are self-isolating and that the home has been adequately clean and disinfected in the area where the film crew will be working. Crew should not be using the onsite kitchen or bathrooms.
- It is suggested that masks, gloves and extra hand sanitizer are available if asked for.
Given the challenges coronavirus presents for set operations, these guidelines are fluid and can change at any time. Monitor your own behaviour regularly and be vigilant.
It is imperative that people in general adhere to the guidelines put out by the PEI Public Health Office. It’s for the safety of our entire community. FilmPEI continues working hard to ensure that we can build a vibrant film sector, safely. We just need to be patient.
Please understand that the above notes are based on today’s information. Covid-19 is unpredictable and so we must all be nimble and work with the guidelines we get at any given moment.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com with questions or suggestions. Thanks for your patience and I hope you are all well!
FOR YOUR INFORMATION: FILMPEI GEAR SAFETY PROCEDURES
• Equipment will be cleaned over all contact surfaces with alcohol swabs, or a spray disinfectant. The equipment is cleaned when returned from a rental. If it has been used or touched inside the FilmPEI premises then it will be cleaned again before going out on another rental.
• requests must be submitted minimum 48 hours prior to rental pickup
Outgoing rental procedure:
• The member will arrange a pickup time with Thomas. They will park at the back loading door, and call/text/knock upon arrival. Members can load their own gear into their vehicles.
• Rental agreements will be done either via email or in person.
Returning rental procedure:
• The member will arrange a drop-off time with Thomas. They will park at the back loading door, and call/text/knock upon arrival. Then they will load the equipment into the FilmPEI rental loading area by the back door.
• Thomas will assess gear, clean and put away into its regular storage area.
NOTE: GEAR RENTERS MUST PROVIDE AN OPERATIONAL PLAN. PLEASE HAVE THE ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS READY:
1. how many people are you shooting with? crew and clients/subjects?
2. where are you shooting – inside or outside?
3. if you are shooting inside how will you ensure 6 ft separation between crew members and clients?
4. who is handling the gear?
5. what kind of safety measures are you taking (masks, sanitizer) ?