Current Job Listing:
Position Name: Assistant Coordinator/Marketing and Communications
Start Date: January 14, 2019, position runs for 26 weeks
FilmPEI is looking for someone to join our awesome team! This 6-month contract through the Skills PEI Work Experience program will give the successful candidate hands on experience in event and program coordination, developing and rolling out communications and marketing strategies, and developing and maintaining a social media presence.
This job has 2 distinct components:
1) Coordinating – Working with the Executive Director to help coordinate and implement Film4Ward in the winter and working with the Coordinator of PEI Screenwriters’ Bootcamp in the spring.
– on Film4Ward – help coordinate workshops and engage with the 4 film producers to provide coordination support for the film shoots
– on PEI Screenwriters’ Bootcamp engage with the facilitators and the participants to help coordinate travel and accommodations and provide support during the actual event
2) Marketing and Communication – working with the Executive Director to help implement strategies for promotion and increased engagement and revenue streams.
-help develop and implement a social media strategy for promotion of Film4Ward and PEI Screenwriters’ Bootcamp
-help coordinate community outreach and development initiatives for FilmPEI in general
-help develop outreach strategies and initiatives to increase membership and revenue streams
– help provide support with communications in general including newsletters and press releases
-ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
-organized and good with spreadsheets and word processing apps
-proficiency with social media on all major platforms
-strong interest in working in the arts & culture sector
-MUST BE EI ELIGIBLE.
This position is a Work Experience Program position through SkillsPEI and requires EI eligibility. Salary is based on the Skills top up on EI which typically rounds out to $525 to $575/week. FilmPEI can make accommodations in hours and fees for the right person.
Closing Date to Apply is December 20th, 2018