PEI Market Accelerator
FilmPEI in partnership with the Whistler Film Festival + Content Summit
- Phase I (October - March, 2024) - Participants take part in online creative and business workshop sessions designed to develop their projects and increase their knowledge of the business and creative aspects of the industry. Each session will be followed by project-specific ‘homework’ intended to further develop projects.
- Whistler Film Festival + Content Summit (November 29 - December 3, 2023) - Participants will receive a complimentary Industry Pass (non-transferable) to the festival and summit. During the Whistler Film Festival and Content Summit, participants will have the opportunity to observe the market aspect of the festival and take part in the panel sessions.
- Phase II (March - May, 2024) - Participants take part in online sessions focusing on market preparation, including an all-important pitching workshop. Participants can expect 8-10 online sessions ranging from one hour to 75 min. *Final Schedule will be determined once projects are selected to facilitate industry guests.
- Phase III Final Deliverables and Reporting (Date TBD, 2024) - Participants will submit their final project deliverables and report on their program experience.
- Market Opportunity - Whistler Film Festival + Content Summit (December, 2024) Participants may register for the Whistler Film Festival and Content Summit 2024 at a discounted rate. Participants have access to scheduled 1+1 Market Meetings to pitch their projects and take part in other Summit events and sessions.
Companies and individuals may apply to InnovationPEI for marketing assistance to support attendance at the Whistler Film Festival + Content Summit. Participants looking for further financial assistance may apply to the FilmPEI Bursary Program. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Finalists are also encouraged to reach out to their provincial agencies as soon as possible when applying, for assistance with their travel costs. WFF can provide letters of acceptance and/or provide info on your behalf about the program benefits if required.
In addition to participation in the program, all participants will receive a Whistler Film Festival + Content Summit 2023 Industry Pass (non-transferable), which provides access to screenings, industry sessions and networking events during the Whistler Film Festival and Content Summit.