The process is two-tiered. As a partner in this program FilmPEI is asked to recommend 2 feature films and 1 web series project in English language and 2 feature films and 1 web series project in French language. We can also recommend an Indigenous project.
In order to do this fairly all submissions are reviewed by a FilmPEI jury. The filmmakers selected are then given notes to improve their application and that application along with a recommendation letter from FilmPEI are sent to the Telefilm jury where the final decision is made. Winners are typically notified by mid April.
Please contact FilmPEI if you have any questions.902- 892-3131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about the program go to the Telefilm Website.
The deadline for the FilmPEI jury is Feb 18, 2019. Please fill out the intake form and include with submission to email@example.com.
NOTE: changes to the application process this year
- applicants need to include a script
- applicants do not need to include a trailer.
- content requirements for the video pitches are very specific – please read carefully
- the eligibility criteria has been expanded in order to allow more emerging filmmakers access to the Program. Going forward, only the director of the submitted project is required to be an alumni / member of the recommending partner’s institution, training program.
- Under the Selective Stream, each designated industry partner may recommend up to 2 feature films and one narrative-based web project for each component under which the partner is eligible. And, in order to encourage submissions of Indigenous projects, all partners are will be eligible to recommend an Indigenous project that meets the eligibility criteria defined in section
- The submission process has been updated, please consult section 1.2.1 of the Guidelines.
- A project that was not selected for financing under this Program may be resubmitted a second time.
- a budget cap has been reinstated – the average budget for feature film projects is between $ 125,000 and $ 250,000, but, generally, it must not exceed $ 250,000.
- The minimal requirement for promotion costs has been reduced from 15% to 8%.
- All selected teams will be invited to attend a Talent to Watch Summit to be held in the Spring 2019 (details will communicated in March 2019)
FilmPEI has had 3 of its applications to the program accepted over the last 6 years. The feature film ” Kooperman” Jason Rogerson/Harmony Wagner, the webseries “Lovely Witches Club” Renee Laprise/Patti Larsen and the webseries “Wharf Rats” Jason Arsenault/Jenna MacMillan.