Are you interested in a career in Arts Administration? FilmPEI is hiring!
Executive Assistant Intern
28 week contract (starting July 26, 2021)
Position Description and Duties
FilmPEI is seeking an Executive Assistant Intern to provide administrative support to the Executive Director. Daily responsibilities will include conducting research, entering data into our system, and handling information requests. They will also perform clerical duties, such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, setting up travel arrangements, and taking notes at meetings. Our ideal candidate can manage a large, diverse workload and knows how to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Executive Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls to the proper department, and provide basic company information
- Take memos, maintain files, and organize, photocopy, and collate documents as needed
- Light bookkeeping
- Assist with communications, social media, newsletter, branded content
- Arrange travel, accommodations, itineraries, and all correspondence related to arrangements as needed
- Assist in the planning, organizing and implementation events, such as the AGM, workshops, training programs, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, and data, as well as maintain files, records, and correspondence for meetings
Executive Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
The funding for this position requires that the applicant have a Post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Past training/experience in Events Management and/or Film Studies
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- A working knowledge of Quickbooks, Mailchimp, WordPress
- Experience scheduling appointments and updating calendars
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
As this is an internship there will be a large training component. We are looking for a team member who:
- is eager to learn
- has a positive attitude
- is self-sufficiency
- is a self-starter
- like a challenge
- is resourceful
- is open to collaboration
- has excellent time management skills
- is receptive to critique and wants to get better
- has ambition
- has and entrepreneurial spirit
- loves the arts
ELIGIBILITY (PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE ELIGIBLE BEFORE APPLYING)
You are eligible for this position if:
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with the program;
- are unemployed or underemployed;
- are a college or university graduate; and
- are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 19th, 2021.
Only those chosen for interview will be contacted.